To make sure your website is ready to participate in the biggest e-commerce event of the year, go through the following checklist and make it your mission to cross off each item with confidence:
- Make sure your discounts are working correctly.
- Confirm your stock availability and shipping processes.
- Verify your pre-launch email campaign is set up and ready to go.
- Check your server's capacity to handle hundreds of website visitors at once.
- Test your SMS automation.
- Update your BFCM offer according to your pre-launch results.
- Ensure that your website is working on most devices and browsers.
Even with extreme caution and preparation, problems can still happen and that's okay. Your biggest priority when stuff hits the fan is to stay calm, go into problem-solving mode, and keep it moving. It's best to create a backup plan for the aspects of the marketing campaign you can control e. g. the email campaign, SMS notifications, the discount system, etc. It's also important to acknowledge that some things are completely out of hand and you cannot fix everything.