This error is fired by the Meta API, not Easy Ads for Facebook. This means if you try to accomplish the same task on Facebook’s own Ads Manager, you’ll get a similar error message.
If you’re getting the error message “You need to verify [email protected] on this business”, this means one or more of the following is true:
- Your Shopify store domain is not verified on the Business Manager account you selected in the “Business Manager” dropdown.
- You haven’t set up all the required Aggregated Events Management for this domain.
- Your events are not aggregated on the Pixel, that is installed on your website.
Before getting started, you need to identify which one of the cases mentioned above applies to you.
To do that, please follow the steps below:
Check Domain Verification
- Go to Business Manager Settings.
- Click on Brand Safety from the sidebar → Domains.
Your domain should appear with a green “Verified” text next to it.
If you can’t find your domain or if it has a red “Not Verified” text to it, this means that you’ve found the cause of this error.
How to fix this:
Watch this step-by-step video tutorial on how to verify your domain for Meta:
If your domain has a green “Verified” text next to it, proceed to the next step of error identification.
Check Aggregated Events Management
- Go to your Business Manager Settings.
- Click on Data Sources from the sidebar → Pixels.
- Click on the Pixel that is installed on your Shopify store from the sidebar→ Open in Events Manager.
- Click on the Aggregated Events Management tab → Configure Web Events.
You should see your verified domain along with a list of your Aggregated Events Measurements.
Make sure you have all the the following events:
- Initiate Checkout.
- Add to Cart.
- View Content.
If you don’t have your Aggregated Events Measurement Setup or if you’re missing an event, you’ll get the “You need to verify [email protected] on this business” error message.
Watch this step-by-step video tutorial on how to set up your Aggregated Events Measurement.
Check the Pixel Installed on your Shopify store
If both your domain and Aggregated Events Measurement are setup correctly, but you’re still getting this error, this means that your events are not aggregated on the Pixel installed on your Shopify store.
Here’s how you can verify this:
- Identify the Pixel ID installed on your Shopify store. Here’s how: View Facebook Pixel installed on Shopify store.
- On your Aggregated Events Measurement, verify that your events are aggregated on the same Pixel ID.
If your events are aggregated on a Pixel that is not installed on your Shopify store, you’ll get the “You need to verify [email protected] on this business” error message.
Refer to the previous section to redo your Aggregated Events Management Setup.
If none of the cases above apply to you, please contact our support team via the in-app live chat, our support channel, or via our email address at [email protected].